WP Admin would not load due to plugin

Index Forums WordPress plugins Shortcode Exec PHP WP Admin would not load due to plugin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcel 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
20 June 2012 at 04:47 #4852

Alex

On Monday morning (June 18, 2012 08:07 MDT) my admin side would not load. I kept noticing the message at the bottom of the browser:

Waiting for updates.bokhortst.biz

I searched google and found this referenced in this plugin. As soon as I deleted the plugin the admin side started working again.

Is this a temporary problem and will it be resolved soon?

Thanks!
Alex

20 June 2012 at 04:50 #4853

Alex

Sorry, forgot to mention my configuration at time of error:

WP 3.3.2
Shortcode Exec PHP Plugin: 1.43

20 June 2012 at 06:26 #4854

Marcel

This should be a transient problem. You probably did see that the plugin admin page didn’t complete loading, but it should have been usable.

The VPS providing the updates for the plugin (only for the Pro version) was not reachable for one hour and 10 minutes for reasons my provider didn’t explain yet.

20 June 2012 at 06:59 #4855

Alex

Ok, just reinstalled and all seems fine now…I probably was freaking out about the length of time you mentioned (I do have the Pro version so makes sense). Fun! :)

As far as my user experience, the admin pages would hang with blank screen while attempting to load. If I clicked to go to another URL (in the same tab), it would all the sudden display the previously requested admin page and then attempt to go to the newly requested URL. It was very odd behavior.

Either way, thanks for the response – all looks good now!

20 June 2012 at 07:02 #4856

Marcel

If you want you can install the development version, which will suffer less from this problem :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WP Admin would not load due to plugin’ is closed to new replies.