Multi User Site / Facebook Group / Error

Index Forums WordPress plugins Add Link to Facebook Multi User Site / Facebook Group / Error

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marcel 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
8 May 2012 at 05:20 #4190

Peter

Hello – i have a multi-user wordpress installation with the latest relases. In every Subdomain i´ve to do the autorisition first before i edit a new posting, because otherwise, i´ll get errors regarding “Error invalidating access token” – and when i chance the subdomain i´ll get the same error, because it seems that the plugin hat not stored my group and posting-account in facebook… – After i´ll do the autorisation-process again the plugin works (in this subdomain) fine. Do you have a solution for that?
regards, Peter

8 May 2012 at 05:27 #4191

Marcel

Thanks for reporting this problem. Actually I am a little bit surprised this problem exists. The access token is stored per user/site (sub-domain), so I don’t see how this problem can exist. Nevertheless it is there :-(

I have two questions that may shed some light on the problem:
– do you use the same user for different sub-domains?
– if you authorize, do you return to the correct sub-domain?

8 May 2012 at 05:35 #4192

Peter

ok – so i´ll try to explain:
The user “admin” with all admin-rights switch from the “aLtF”-running subdomain to another subdomain. There will be the error signed on the top regarding some posts. When i went to “tools” then i can see, that the facebook-group is not stored – so i´ve to do the autorisation again – and then this subdomain works fine… – after i change the subdomain – i´ll get the error again.

8 May 2012 at 05:37 #4193

Marcel

I will try to reproduce this problem, but please have some patience, because it will be not until tomorrow until I have time for it, sorry.

8 May 2012 at 06:20 #4194

Peter

no problem – i can live with that (for the moment). if you want to see the problem “live” í can give you my adress…

8 May 2012 at 15:02 #4199

Marcel

I have tried to reproduce your problem, but I cannot reproduce it.

My best guess for now is that another plugin is conflicting, so could you please try again with all other plugins disabled?

I did find a caching problem for multi-site installs, which should be fixed in the just released version 1.155. However, this does not explain the problem you’re having.

Another thing is that I know of several people using the plugin on a multi-site install without problems.

8 May 2012 at 15:34 #4204

Peter

Hy Marcel – Running without any Plugins is in fact a Problem – Because the Site is Running…

8 May 2012 at 15:36 #4205

Marcel

Okay, I understand that.

Could you please update to version 1.155 and see if this maybe fixes your problem?
If it doesn’t, send me the debug information from both domains, indicating which domain has the problem at that moment. See the last question of the FAQ for how to do this.

8 May 2012 at 16:18 #4207

Peter

Marcel – it seems in the moment that 1.155 has fixed this problem – i´ll try some “live”-tests in the evening when new posts arrive and give you more input

8 May 2012 at 16:19 #4208

Marcel

Okay, nice to hear :-)
Let me know of your findings, please.

8 May 2012 at 22:23 #4209

Peter

sorry – but the problem still exist! I´ll send you the debug informations.

15 May 2012 at 15:15 #4320

Marcel

I discovered that WordPress has a blog ID and a site ID (very confusing). If you use a domain mapping plugin, the settings of different sites could mix up in certain situations.

Could you please download and install the development version and let me know if it fixes your problem?

15 May 2012 at 15:53 #4328

Peter

ok – now i only copy the development version over the latest version – and the first test seems it work… – i´ll now try other tests – but i´ve to be patient because the site and the facebook-site is running… ;-)
i´ll keep you informed in a few hours.

15 May 2012 at 16:08 #4331

Peter

ok – i´ve done some more tests now… – the problem is the same as in the beginning… – switching the blogs, he looses all the Details about Facebook-Group etc.

15 May 2012 at 16:10 #4332

Marcel

Is there any chance you can show me the problem using TeamViewer (not today, because I have to go away within an hour).

15 May 2012 at 16:11 #4334

Peter

i´ve no idea what TeamViewer is – but of course i will help you… – no problem!

15 May 2012 at 20:46 #4345

Marcel

I have found a potential bug (more a shortcoming of WordPress for multi-sites). Unfortunately I didn’t receive your debug informations, so I cannot check if this bug affects you. What you have to look for is if you land on the correct site after authorizing. Could you please check this before and after installing the updated development version?

15 May 2012 at 20:53 #4348

Peter

hy marcel, pls. look at your comment-mailbox…

16 May 2012 at 08:55 #4353

nimloc

Hello. I’d like to join in this conversation if I may :)

First, let me say your plugin is awesome, and obviously took a lot of hard work to make! Thank you so much for your gift to all of us!

Issue: I can only make successful Facebook posts in the subblog I most recently authorised. Using recent Dev version. (Delete files, Upload dev zip)

Normally, the plugin works perfectly! This time however, I have a multisite installation. The site is setup so that it appears as one site, with each sub blog representing an region of a community project – the front page acts as an umbrella featuring what happens in each region. Therefore, during installation the option to show each sub blog within a folder of the same domain was chosen, so : http://blah.com/subblog1/

From your previous comments, I suspect that the plugin won’t work in this alternative standard, chosen method of installation for a multisite – and your plugin will only work in the other method of install… subdomains? e.g. subblog1.blah.com

Is there anyway that I can have the sessions work on this arrangement? All the sites should use the same Facebook posting app anyway – to our project Facebook Fan Page.

It be great to get this working on our country wide arts project…

Colin

16 May 2012 at 09:10 #4354

nimloc

I should add that I am a knowledgeable web technologies programmer who can alter code etc if it comes to that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Multi User Site / Facebook Group / Error’ is closed to new replies.